Highly motivated archaeologist seeking full time employment in US or abroad
Agustin Ortiz Jr.
4360 Glen ST, Riverside, CA. 92509 | 951-903-4777 | email@example.com
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
B.S., Anthropology 2012.
Current Overall G.P.A- 3.03
Anthropology Core G.P.A- 3.61
ANT 330 – Archaeological Theory
• Seminar format completed a research design project comparable to a Master’s thesis proposal.
ANT 394 - Field Archaeology, Spring 2011 Big Bear, CA
• Instruction in field methods at a pinyon pine processing camp at 8,500 feet elevation in the San Bernardino National Forest.
ANT 395 - Lab Methods in Archaeology
•Hands on work with debitage, projectile points, pottery and groundstone analysis.
• Inputted and verified catalog data using Microsoft Excel.
• Used screening techniques such as flotation
ANT 394 - Field Archaeology, Spring 2012 Mt. San Jacinto and Sage Canyon, CA
• Instruction in field methods at a historic corral site in the San Bernardino National Forest and prehistoric archaeological sites in Sage Canyon in the Western Mojave-Southern Sierra Nevada.
Archaeological Field work (Mapping, GPS, Excavation, Survey, Site records, artifact analysis)
Bilingual & Fluent (English/Spanish)
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Final Cut Pro
Team & group project
• Fusing my Aerospace engineering background with anthropology
• Underwater Archaeology
• NASA and Space in relation to people
I have operated my own businesses since 1997, currently a Carpet Cleaning business. I have a lot of customer relations, financing, and management experience.
2010-2012 Lab Assistant:
Helped categorize and analyze archeological artifacts from previous archeological projects. I trained students to organize and classify artifacts. Photograph and scan artifacts for record verification.
2011 Summer Bureau of Land Management Volunteer: From July 13-16
Volunteered with BLM to mass survey and map Prehistoric Freemont land in Utah for 3 days using compass and GPS. Specifically conducted pedestrian survey in the Beaver River to get an inventory of artifacts and possible Freemont sites for future study.
2011 Summer Milford Archaeological Research Field School:
• Archaeology from July 4th to July 16th in Milford Utah to learn about The Fremont Natives and their Culture.
• Obtained more advanced training in excavation, surveying, and mapping.
• Practiced Flint napping techniques and debitage analysis.
• Also worked with the Great Basin Museum to record Historical artifacts from the Japanese Internment Camp at Topaz.
2007-2008 Traffic Coordinator At Flabob Airport Volunteer:
Traffic control during the Young Eagles Program. Also helped direct small groups of inexperienced volunteers’ to practice safety and cooperative skills in a busy runway.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
2012 President’s List
2012 Member of the year for Pi Gama Mu Honor Society
Spring 2012 Dean’s List
Winter 2011 Dean’s List
Winter 2012 Dean’s List
2011-2012 Treasurer of the Cal Poly Pomona Anthropological Society
the Cal Poly Pomona CLASS Council
2010-2012 Treasurer & Historian Officer Positions of the Gymnastics & Tumbling Club
Society for California Archaeologist
Pi Gama Mu Honor Society
Society of Hispanics in Sciences and Engineering (SHSE)
Maximizing Engineering Potential (MEP)
Dorothy D. Wills, Ph.D. Cal Poly Pomona
Chair, Geography and Anthropology
Phone (909) 869-3582 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Mark Allen Cal Poly Pomona
Anthropology Coordinator / Professor Anthropology
Phone: (909) 869-3577 Email: email@example.com
Dr. Kun Chen Cal Poly Pomona
Phone: (909) 869-3576 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Claudia García-Des Lauriers Cal Poly Pomona
Phone: (909) 869-2801 Email: email@example.com
|Next topic: "MA graduate seeking employment in USA or aboard. Willing to travel/move."|
|Previous topic: "MSc, GIS in Archaeology - Seeking Full-Time, October 2012"|
|Looking for something else? Show recent posts in Resumes-CVs|