HDR - Cultural Resources Specialist - HDR
About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
- perform archaeological survey, testing, data recovery excavation, and monitoring
- make initial site evaluations and recommendations for significance, effect, and treatment
- assist in the preparation of technical reports
- conduct site file searches at federal, state, and private repositories
- travel with overnight stays for extended periods
- draft sketch maps of sites and complete field forms accurately and concisely
- operate hand-held GPS units
- work independently and as part of a team
- to sit and use a computer for extended periods on a daily basis
Candidates must be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures). Candidates should also have good organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn and execute new tasks.
- A Master’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field is desired but experienced professionals with a Bachelor’s degree in these fields will also be considered.
Experience with Microsoft Office SuiteAn attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a mustPreferred Qualifications
- GIS software experience
- Experience with transportation projects
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
To apply, please visit: https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=145054&lang=en#.WMxBLLr-dL0.link