Archaeologists - Lancaster County, PA
Job Title: Archaeologist
Job Status: Part Time
Location: Lancaster County, PA
Stell is a seasoned veteran- and woman-owned small business providing expertise and innovation across the resilience, environmental, restoration, and compliance service sectors.
The archaeologist coordinates with staff and clients concerning cultural resource related activities.
- Conduct Phase I/II/III excavations, site documentation, GPS mapping, artifact processing, and field and laboratory analysis.
- Identification of historic and precontact period sites, artifacts, and features
- Conduct pedestrian and subsurface testing inventory
- Provide input and/or conduct public education and awareness presentations.
- Creation of site and feature plan and profile maps, map reading and navigation, GPS/GIS navigation and recordation
- Field analysis of artifacts, site characteristics, archaeological deposits, soils and sediments
- Accurately recording field data and observations as legible handwritten
- Other tasks as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. in Archaeology, Anthropology or similar field of study
- 1 -10 years of experience in the archaeological/cultural resources field
- Archaeological field school or demonstrated experience equivalent
- Ability to travel and Conduct fieldwork activities in a safe and responsible manner, and generally able to carry a pack up to 30 pounds while hiking, physically traverse up to 5 miles a day, and conduct shovel testing and test unit excavation activities throughout a standard work day, often in adverse conditions and remote areas.
- Must be able to operate 4x4 vehicles in a safe and responsible manner on paved and unpaved roads, often in remote areas and adverse conditions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Please submit a cover letter, indicating salary requirements and availability, along with your CV/resume as a PDF or Word file to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
|Next topic: "Archaeological and paleontological monitors needed - California"|
|Previous topic: "Archaeological Field Technicians Needed - New York State - TRC Environmental"|
|Looking for something else? Show recent posts in Employment-Listings|