Archaeological Field Experience - Esperance, Western Australia
Archaeological FIELD EXPERIENCE
Esperance, Western Australia
February 8 to 24, 2011
Experience the amazing South Coast of Western Australia alongside the Traditional Owners and professional archaeologists, while learning skills in archaeological survey, mapping, excavation, GPS navigation, GIS mapping and models, stone artefact analysis, rock art recording, community engagement, biodiversity, and land care.
The programme is a three week intensive field session that includes:
- Archaeological Survey and Excavations in Cape le Grand National Park and the Recherche Archipelago
- Rock Art Heritage Protection and Assessment
- Maritime Archaeology Survey and Workshop
- Assessment of National Heritage Listed Cheetup Cave
Gain practical experience in:
- Archaeological mapping, survey, and excavations
- Artefact identification, recording and analysis
- Rock Art Recording and Analysis
- Community engagement, project planning and methods of heritage conservation
- Traditional Culture and Lifeways
- Applied Archaeology Australia
(Archaeologists and Professional Surveyors)
- Doc Reynolds, Kepa Kurl Eco-Discovery Tours
- Ross Anderson, WA Maritime Museum
- Myles Mitchell, MPhil, Australian National Univeristy
Support from W.A. Museum, Department of Indigenous Affairs, Department of Environment and Conservation, and the UWA Centre of Excellence in NRM.
Cost is $2,950.00 per person and includes accomodation, food, and equipment for the entire session. Participants must find their own way to and from Esperance. Limited places available.
Course Credit may be organised through the participants institution.
Two Masters students are currently going through this programme -
Australian National University
University of Leicester (U.K.)
This programme is brought to you by the Gabbie Kylie Foundation (National Trust of Australia, W.A.)
Contact David Guilfoyle for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org
|Next topic: "Stone Age Humans Needed More Brain Power to Make Big Leap in Tool Design"|
|Previous topic: "Archaeology Intern - BLM Glennallen Field Office, AK"|
|Looking for something else? Show recent posts in Discussion|